Monday, March 14, 2011

little pretty.




sometimes (let's be honest - all of the time) i wish i could live a little bit more outside of my means. societal trends, along with the copious number of magazine subscriptions i receive on a monthly basis, definitely do not contribute positively to my tendency to want, want, want. as i recently purchased my j.crew petite silk taffeta blakely bridesmaid dress in caspian blue for my best friend's wedding this coming may, i started to peruse the net in search of some accessories to coordinate with my new pretty dress for the big day. this spare time activity inevitably led to my interest in everything spring, everything frilly, flowery, and just plain pretty (of course none of these items had anything to do with the wedding). instead of sittin', waitin', wishin'(thanks, jack) for my dreams to magically come true, my lovely beau assisted in turning a teeny tiny one into reality by surprising me with the wildflower pearl collar necklace for the recent anniversary of my birth. oh my! i am SO in love not only with how well he knows my taste, but also this amazingly delicious, vintage-inspired string of glass pearls with metal and brass flower accents - the perfect compliment to any ensemble that will leave you looking a 1940s shabby-chic. meanwhile (and with regard and utmost sincerity to my other desired delicacies), considering my bank account does not justify the need for the vast array of fanciful delights, i decided to post them on 21femme instead (giving a sweet little shout to my charming new gem). in the interim, my beautiful blakely will just have to be patient and sit tight for some friends to join her, as we count down the next 2 months (60 days) until the wedding fête. for now, i will continue to be my frugal, smart, and savvy self while continuing to envision myself living in luxury.

1 comment:

  1. Really like that oversize silky blouse :)

    ReplyDelete