Tuesday, March 8, 2011

cleve...land that i love.


i am a loyal ohio girl. a native of the cleve, i stand proud and tall (well, to the best of my ability as i am only 5 feet high) representing my city [comma] state wherever i go. living in los angeles is kind of funny; everyone here is a transplant. it's rare that i am out and about and meet someone actually born and raised in this ginormous metropolis. my ears are permanently perked, readily listening for the term "ohio," and when i hear it, i pounce on whomever projects it from across the room. i even beep my horn at random drivers who honorarily operate an ohio license plate vehicle. i then wave (though, everyone is so p-o-ed at all the crazies on the road here that it's usually not taken very well) and smile! moving makes you appreciate your roots. my roots are 100% heartland, filled with midwestern lovin' from head to toes. there are so many things i miss frequenting in my city; the beautiful museums, playhouse square (the second largest theater complex in the country next to nyc - i heard shrek was amazing!), my favorite mouth-watering restaurants (l'albatros, lopez, lolita, chinato, just to name a few) that even the sound of them makes me swoon, my lovely c-town blogs iheartcleveland and design sponge city guide, cute boutiques like room service made in the 216 and stash style, and of course jeni's ice cream (actually a columbus origin, but still sold at cleveland grocers). cleveland IS the land that i love - sweet, little, unique, warm (lovingly, not temperature unfortunately) traffic-free cleveland - filled with everything that leads to my heart...welp, except for the snow. cleveland, heart of it all, how i miss you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment